1 Day Karamea
“heli rafting at its best”
$500 / Adult
This is our prized one day heli-rafting trip is an unforgettable adventure. Heli rafting at its best, on the North West Coast of the South Island. This is a class 5 white water run in the Lower Gorge of the Karamea River. We fly up river in a helicopter and raft out through Kahurangi National Park. This is a full day tour. New Zealand has more helicopters per head of population than anywhere else in the world ( well so they tell us ). This enables us to access the remote, wild and scenic rivers of the north west of the South Island. …hence the creation of Heli Rafting.
- Technical continuous grade 4-5 white water
- Helicopter flight
- Wilderness and splendor of Kahurangi National Park
- Delicious lunch and snacks provided
- Safely cared for by highly qualified guides
- Minimum of 4 required to run this tour
- An adventure not to be missed
Great opportunity to mountain bike or walk the Heaphy track! Departs on demand October to May.
|Departure Time||Minimum Age||River Class(grade)||Trip Duration|
|On Demand||15 yrs||4-5||1 day|